Terms & Conditions
Job Guarantee & Warranty
Thank you for choosing Proactive IT Solutions. Each time you purchase a service or product from Proactive IT Solutions we guarantee:
- To be on time.
- Our technician will call you if they are running late.
- If our technician is more than 20 minutes late and you have not received a call, the call out fee will be waived.
- During the service, our technician will regularly update you with the progress. If the job is being completed offsite, this will include daily updates via email or phone.
- After each job you will receive a follow up call to ensure that you are 100% happy with the job.
High Quality Service
- Each job will be completed to the highest standard.
- Each job will be completed within a reasonable amount of time.
- At the end of the job, you will be asked to check the work done to ensure it has been completed to the required standard. If you are not satisfied with the level of work completed, the technician will rectify the situation either immediately or within 7 days no extra cost.
- All work performed is guaranteed for 7 days, if you feel that the above 3 conditions have not been meet a technician will rectify the situation at no extra cost.
All New or Replacement Hardware
- All hardware comes with a 1 year onsite warranty.
- Should a hardware problem arise within the warranty period, the faulty item will be replaced free of charge.
- This warranty covers the labour and callout required to replace the hardware item only. In the case of replacing hardware that can have an effect on data such as hard drive installation it does not cover data recovery or reinstallation of the operating system should that piece of hardware fail within the warranty period.
Value for Money
- Proactive IT Solutions will charge a fair and reasonable amount for services and products as per industry standard.
- In situations where computer systems require reinstallation, the following items will be restored: Operating System, office package (if previously installed), email settings, internet connectivity and reconnection to a local network.
- Computer backups will be performed when risky system work is undertaken. However, Proactive IT Solutions assumes no liability for data loss on any medium or problems caused by software or user.
- Any data stored by Proactive IT Solutions for backup purposes will be secured against unauthorised access and permanently deleted after 30 days.
- Removal of virus and malware is covered by the standard 14 day labour warranty. This is only applicable if the computer system has approved antivirus software installed which has been updated and verified as working before the system leaves the workshop.
- Virus/malware removal warranty’s will be void if it can be proven that the client has re infected the computer.
- A system that comes back for virus/malware removal can only be cleaned once under warranty. If the virus/malware is still not completely removed the system will need to be reinstalled at additional cost to the client. The initial time spent on the virus/malware removal will be put towards the cost of reinstallation.
This guarantee does not cover:
- Damage, fault, failure or malfunction due to external causes, including accident, abuse, misuse, problems with electrical power.
- Works not authorised or performed by Proactive IT Solutions.
- Usage, storage or installation of software or hardware in accordance with Product instructions.
- Failure to perform required preventive maintenance, normal wear and tear.
- Act of God, fire, flood or any similar occurrence.
- Any attempt by any person other than Proactive IT Solutions technical staff or any person authorised by Proactive IT Solutions, to adjust, repair or support the Products, and problems caused by use of parts and components not supplied by Proactive IT Solutions.
- Items that are in one or more of the following categories: software; external devices; accessories or parts added to the Product after the Product is supplied by Proactive IT Solutions.
- Wireless network setup (see below).
Proactive IT Solutions Warranty Conditions
Standard Proactive IT Solutions Warranty
The Proactive IT Solutions standard warranty covers labour to equal the amount of time spent on the original invoice. If the labour time exceeds that of the original invoice, Proactive IT Solutions will charge that additional time at the normal hourly rate. Additionally:
- Software installation, modification and configuration performed by Proactive IT Solutions is covered for a period of 14 days from the invoice date, except under circumstances mentioned in this document.
- All outstanding invoices must be paid in full before any warranty work will commence.
Wireless Network Warranty
Proactive IT Solutions will setup and configure a wireless network so that it will function in the range you specify and with the devices you provide on the day of instalment. Proactive IT Solutions warranty will not cover any adjustment, addition or re connection as a result of the following items and further charges may apply to perform additional work on the network:
- Drop outs or disconnections.
- Problems with additional hardware not configured on the day. Problems can include no access to the wireless network, connectivity drop outs, disconnection, security incompatibility or signal gain.
- Moving the wireless client or access point from the locations in which they were originally intended to operate.
- Incompatibility with other wireless devices such as remote controls, cordless phones, mobile phones, audio visual equipment, microwave ovens, Other nearby wireless networks etc.
- Unauthorised access due to hacker attack, virus infections, etc.